The 40th Meijin title match
The 40th Meijin title is broadcast live on GoPanda2 client.
Champion is Iyama Yuta Meijin. The challenger is Takao Shinji 9p. The match is best of seven games, so four wins are required to secure the title.
The Meijin tournament is organized by Asahi Newspaper Co., Ltd.
- The first game : September 3rd (Thu) and 4th (Fri). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign.
- The second game: September 17th (Thu) and 18th (Fri). Iyama Yuta won, B+0.5
- The third game: September 24th (Thu) and 25th (Fri). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The fourth game: October 5th (Mon) and 6th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, B+Resign.
- The fifth game: October 13th (Wed) and 14th (Thu).
- The sixth game: October 28th (Wed) and 29th (Thu).
- The seventh game: November 4th (Wed) and 5th (Thu).
Iyama Yuta kept the Meijin title!
All rounds start at 09:00 (Japan Time), i.e., 02:00 CEST. The time limit is eight hours each.