GoPanda 2 is a modern client to Pandanet that runs in the browser. It features a clean, intuitive user interface that allows you to play, talk, and connect with thousands of players on Pandanet easily.
Download GoPanda2 Manual
GoPanda2 manual (PDF files)
You can help us by reporting bugs, crashes and unexpected behavior. Please describe what you were doing when the bug occured and what exactly happend, including the error message generated by the client.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need translators for the new version! If you are interested in translating GoPanda2 to your language, you can now apply directly from within the client! Use the upper right menu!
GoPanda 2.5.0 released
GoPanda 2.5.0 has been released!
Warning: A binary update is required. Please download from the GoPanda2 home page.
Edit: You may have to uninstall the old client completely before installing the new version.
Changes from version 2.4.0:
- You can tag players as friends, to find them quicker
- You can also ignore disruptive players
- The IGS game archive can be searched from the client
- All archived games can be loaded directly
- Rating graphs
- News from the Pandanet website
- A dedicated broadcasting mode
- Several other bug fixes and minor improvements
GoPanda 2.3 released
Today we have released version 2.3 of GoPanda2 with many new features:
- Remember Password checkbox in login menu.
- You can be in multiple rooms at the same time.
- Score Estimator available in Review and Observe.
- Score Assist will help you mark dead stones during counting.
- Help videos to get you started with GoPanda2.
- Reviews and broadcasts are now displayed differently in the game list.
- The Review list has been removed – use the normal game list instead.
- Bugs fixes and minor changes.
There are some reports of videos not working in the client, if that is the case for you, you can view them at youtube instead
As usual, please report any issues you might find, so we can fix them as soon as possible.
GoPanda2 Version 2.2.0 released
This is a major update, including support for translations previously only available in the beta version, an integrated translation editor to apply and translate directly from the client. Other changes are:
- Full Pairgo support
- Better integrated bugreports
- Scroll wheel support in games and other usability fixes
- Can now send messages to offline players
- Can now search for and interact with players by name
- Improved SGF upload speed
and many other smaller bugfixes and changes. As usual, feedback is very welcome. Even though we might need a while to answer at the moment, we try to read every mail. Bugs are best reported directly from the client.
Bugfix - Connection Problems
We just released a hotfix for a problem that has prevented users with a new account from connecting to IGS using GoPanda2. If you have been affected, please try connecting now and contact us if the problem persists.
EDIT: There seems to be another Bug affecting WinXP users. We haven’t found the reason yet. If you are affected, we recommend upgrading to a more recent version of windows, or using GoPanda1 until we fixed it.
New installment of GoPanda2 ready for testing!
Aside from a ton of bugfixes and new features, we also moved away from java as the supporting technology. The new client handles like a native app, and doesn’t rely on any specific browser being installed anymore. There will be a no installation, web-only version too but we have to do some preparatory work before we get there.
To use the new client, just download the archive for your system, extract it to a destination of your choice, and run GoPanda2.
You can find them here:
| Windows | Macintosh | Linux 32 Bit | Linux 64 Bit |
This client downloads updates automatically, but we don’t have the manpower to test this and the other new features properly. Please tell us if you run into problems, and as always, mail your criticism, ideas and suggestions to us: GoPanda2@pandanet-igs.com.
Thanks, and we hope you enjoy using the new and improved client!