GoPanda2 is a modern client to Pandanet that features a clean, intuitive user interface that allows you to play, talk, and connect with thousands of players on Pandanet easily.
Download GoPanda 2.7
Note: Better uninstall any older GoPanda2 version first.
Run the installer as admin.
Make the AppImage executable and run it – should work on most distributions. There’s also an install script which downloads the AppImage, adds GoPanda2 to your application menu and registers MIME types (it will ask if you want to open sgf files with it per default).
Download GoPanda2 Manual
GoPanda2 manual (PDF files)
You can help us by reporting bugs, crashes and unexpected behavior. Please describe what you were doing when the bug occured and what exactly happend, including the error message generated by the client.
Please contact us at: email@example.com
We need translators for the new version! If you are interested in translating GoPanda2 to your language, you can now apply directly from within the client! Use the upper right menu!
Broken Auto-Updater in GoPanda2
Unfortunately, we released two versions of GoPanda2 where the auto updater was disabled by accident. If you happened to update GoPanda2 between the 1st and 4th August 2020, please do the following steps to make sure your client will keep updating in the future:
1) Click on the menu button in the top right corner of GoPanda2.
2) Select About at the bottom of the menu.
3) Check the version number next to GoPanda. If it happens to be exactly 2.7.0 or 2.7.1, please uninstall GoPanda2 and download it again from here.
We are sorry for your inconvenience.
GoPanda 2.6.0 released
We are pleased to announce that GoPanda 2.6.0 is out! For this release we reworked and modernized a lot of things under the hood, although it still looks as before. Most importantly, it works with Mac OS Catalina. But there are quite a few more fixes.
Please uninstall the old client completely before installing the new one.
GoPanda 2.5.0 released
GoPanda 2.5.0 has been released!
Warning: A binary update is required. Please download from the GoPanda2 home page.
Edit: You may have to uninstall the old client completely before installing the new version.
Changes from version 2.4.0:
- You can tag players as friends, to find them quicker
- You can also ignore disruptive players
- The IGS game archive can be searched from the client
- All archived games can be loaded directly
- Rating graphs
- News from the Pandanet website
- A dedicated broadcasting mode
- Several other bug fixes and minor improvements
GoPanda 2.5.2 released
This GoPanda2 update brings an important bugfix and some small improvements:
- Better connection timeout detection. This should fix a serious bug where people didn’t know they were disconnected until they ran out of time.
- News section improved: All images are displayed correctly now. There are a lot of design improvements here, too.
- Score estimator bugfix: Captures are now correctly counted in review and local boards, too.
This update will be installed automatically.
Please tell us in case you run into any problems. Apart from that, enjoy!
Server maintenance on 9th November!
The Pandanet Internet Go Server will undergo scheduled maintenance on
9th November 2015, from 19:00 to 24:00 UTC.
Users still active by this time will be disconnected and ongoing games will be stored without affecting disconnection limits. They can be resumed within 15 days.
Net Social Plaza will also be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.