The 71st Honinbo title match
The 71st Honinbo title is broadcast live on GoPanda2 client.
Champion is Iyama Yuta Honinbo. The challenger is Takao Shinji 9p. The match is best of seven games, so four wins are required to secure the title.
The Honinbo tournament is organized by Mainichi Newspaper Co., Ltd.
- The first game : May 9th (Mon) and 10th (Tue). Takao Shinji won, W+Resign
- The second game: May 23rd (Mon) and 24th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The third game: June 2nd (Thu) and 3rd (Fri). Iyama Yuta won, B+Resign
- The fourth game: June 13th (Mon) and 14th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The fifth game: June 29th (Wed) and 30th (Thu). Iyama Yuta won, B+Resign
- The sixth game: July 5th (Tue) and 6th (Wed).
- The seventh game: July 14th (Thu) and 15th (Fri).
Iyama Yuta kept the Honinbo title!
All rounds starts at 09:00 (Japan Time), i.e., 02:00 CEST. The time limit is eight hours each.