The 70th Honinbo title match
The 70th Honinbo title is broadcast live on GoPanda2 client.
Champion is Iyama Yuta Honinbo. The challenger is Yamashita Keigo 9p. The match is best of seven games, so four wins are required to secure the title.
The Honinbo tournament is organized by Mainichi Newspaper Co., Ltd..
- The first game : May 13th (Wed) and 14th (Thu). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The second game: May 25th (Mon) and 26th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, B+Resign
- The third game: June 3rd (Wed) and 4th (Thu). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The fourth game: June 16th (Tue) and 17th (Wed). Yamashita Keigo won, W+Resign
- The fifth game: June 29th (Mon) and 30th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The sixth game: July 7th (Tue) and 8th (Wed).
- The seventh game: July 14th (Tue) and 15th (Wed).
Iyama Yuta kept the Honinbo title!
All rounds starts at 09:00 (Japan Time), i.e., 02:00 CEST. The time limit is eight hours each.