The 68th Honinbo title match
The 68th Honinbo title is broadcast live on GoPanda2 client.
Champion is Iyama Yuta Honinbo. The challenger is Takao Shinji 9p. The match is best of seven games, so four wins are required to secure the title.
The Honinbo tournament is organized by Mainichi Newspaper Co., Ltd..
- The first game : May 16th (Thu) and 17th (Fri). Iyama Yuta won, W+4.5.
- The second game: May 28th (Tue) and 29th (Wed). Takao Shinji won, W+Resign
- The third game: June 5th (Wed) and 6th (Thu). Takao Shinji won, B+Resign
- The fourth game: June 17th (Mon) and 18th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, B+Resign
- The fifth game: June 24th (Mon) and 25th (Tue). Iyama Yuta won, W+Resign
- The sixth game: July 10th (Wed) and 11th (Thu). Takao Shinji won, W+Resign
- The seventh game: July 17th (Wed) and 18th (Thu). Iyama Yuta won, B+4.5
Winner : Iyama Yuta 9p
All rounds starts at 09:00 (Japan Time), i.e., 02:00 CEST. The time limit is eight hours each.
Cornel Burzo will be commenting the games live on GoPanda2.