GoPanda 2.6.0 released
We are pleased to announce that GoPanda 2.6.0 is out! For this release we reworked and modernized a lot of things under the hood, although it still looks as before. Most importantly, it works with Mac OS Catalina. But there are quite a few more fixes.
Please uninstall the old client completely before installing the new one.
GoPanda 2.5.0 released
GoPanda 2.5.0 has been released!
Warning: A binary update is required. Please download from the GoPanda2 home page.
Edit: You may have to uninstall the old client completely before installing the new version.
Changes from version 2.4.0:
- You can tag players as friends, to find them quicker
- You can also ignore disruptive players
- The IGS game archive can be searched from the client
- All archived games can be loaded directly
- Rating graphs
- News from the Pandanet website
- A dedicated broadcasting mode
- Several other bug fixes and minor improvements
GoPanda 2.5.2 released
This GoPanda2 update brings an important bugfix and some small improvements:
- Better connection timeout detection. This should fix a serious bug where people didn’t know they were disconnected until they ran out of time.
- News section improved: All images are displayed correctly now. There are a lot of design improvements here, too.
- Score estimator bugfix: Captures are now correctly counted in review and local boards, too.
This update will be installed automatically.
Please tell us in case you run into any problems. Apart from that, enjoy!
Server maintenance on 9th November!
The Pandanet Internet Go Server will undergo scheduled maintenance on
9th November 2015, from 19:00 to 24:00 UTC.
Users still active by this time will be disconnected and ongoing games will be stored without affecting disconnection limits. They can be resumed within 15 days.
Net Social Plaza will also be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
GoPanda 2.3 released
Today we have released version 2.3 of GoPanda2 with many new features:
- Remember Password checkbox in login menu.
- You can be in multiple rooms at the same time.
- Score Estimator available in Review and Observe.
- Score Assist will help you mark dead stones during counting.
- Help videos to get you started with GoPanda2.
- Reviews and broadcasts are now displayed differently in the game list.
- The Review list has been removed – use the normal game list instead.
- Bugs fixes and minor changes.
There are some reports of videos not working in the client, if that is the case for you, you can view them at youtube instead
As usual, please report any issues you might find, so we can fix them as soon as possible.
GoPanda2 Version 2.2.0 released
This is a major update, including support for translations previously only available in the beta version, an integrated translation editor to apply and translate directly from the client. Other changes are:
- Full Pairgo support
- Better integrated bugreports
- Scroll wheel support in games and other usability fixes
- Can now send messages to offline players
- Can now search for and interact with players by name
- Improved SGF upload speed
and many other smaller bugfixes and changes. As usual, feedback is very welcome. Even though we might need a while to answer at the moment, we try to read every mail. Bugs are best reported directly from the client.
Bugfix - Connection Problems
We just released a hotfix for a problem that has prevented users with a new account from connecting to IGS using GoPanda2. If you have been affected, please try connecting now and contact us if the problem persists.
EDIT: There seems to be another Bug affecting WinXP users. We haven’t found the reason yet. If you are affected, we recommend upgrading to a more recent version of windows, or using GoPanda1 until we fixed it.